As of April 2019, the regulations regarding OHIP+ have changed.
- Must be 24 years old or younger.
- If you have any other insurance plan, you are not eligible for OHIP+ (that includes student insurance)
- If you do not have any other insurance, you may continue to use OHIP+.
- The pharmacy requires you to sign a waiver claiming you have no other insurance for OHIP+ to work.
- If it is your first time trying a new medication on OHIP+ then you will be given a one month supply, afterwards if the medication is successful, you may be given up to three months at a time.
- A lot of medications are not covered on OHIP+, in that case the patient would have to pay the full price.
- Some medications require a code to be covered on OHIP+, that is up to your doctor to say if you qualify or not.
- You cannot opt-out of your Carleton insurance to be able to use OHIP+